robotics and control theory.The concept is similar to what we use in Segway.
IIT Madras studenst tried to build self balancing , self driven bicycle as there final year project (shown in Video below).It would be great project idea for students of Robotic and Mechanical Engineering.
How much it costs?
- All together the components, in single unit retail quantities, cost about $1500. They are:
- A microcontroller board from BDMicro featuring the Atmel AVR Mega 128. $125.
- A gyroscope and acceleromoter by Rotomotion. $149.
- The OSMC motor controller by Robot Power. $199.
- 40 NIMH cells, made into nice packs by Robot Marketplace. $218.
- A Magmotor S28-150. $299
- The Whyachi TWM3M gearbox. $345.
- A 16-inch bicycle rim with spokes. $35 from your local bike shop. 100 psi tire, which makes turning slightly easier.
- A custom-machined hub.
- A GT2 5 mm pitch belt, and 28 and 72-tooth pulleys.$21, $26 and $14.
- Some 1" diameter tubing, TIG-welded together. $40
- A guard for the upper pulley, machined from black Acetal plastic.
- Some spacer bushings to center the wheel.
- A combination dead man's switch and key. $12.
- A unicycle seat. $24.
Building a Balancing Scooter
Watch Self Balancing Motorbike on How Stuff Works Video section.
What is Segway ?
Useful links :
Build your own balancing scooter ( Similar to Sebway)
Buid yourself a Segway
Related Video :
How to build a Segway ?